Thursday, April 23, 2015

Barbecue Chicken Salad




I love making this huge salad. It's such an easy meal to feed a big family!

1 lb. grilled chicken breast
6 cups shredded lettuce
1/2 cucumber (sliced)
1 cup red kidney beans
1 cup canned corn
1 cup shredded carrots
3 roma tomatoes (sliced)
1/2 avocado (sliced)
1/4 cup bbq sauce
1 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
1 lime (juiced)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Grill 1 lb. of chicken with 1/4 cup bbq sauce until cooked thru. Then build your salad with lettuce on bottom. I like to put the veggies in a row to present it. Then when ready to serve just toss it all up! I like to serve bbq chicken with a ranch but I didn't have any on hand so I made a cilantro vinaigrette. Combine olive oil, 1/2 cup cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment